All pictures taken with: Olympus Pen E-PL3 and Panasonic Lumix 20mm f/1.7 ASPH.
Today was an extremely successful day. I got soaking wet, broke my umbrella and tore a roll of film. Doesn’t sound too successful yet? Well, I saved the roll of film and then successfully developed it with Tetenal Ultrafin, which arrived in the post today. Hooray! If I had known that the developer was supposed to be clear on opening the bottle, I wouldn’t have ruined that last roll of film, since the liquid in the other bottle was actually of a reddish brown colour. That would have been enough to discourage me from trying if I had known what it’s supposed to look like. By the way, developer often darkens over time, nothing surprising about that. My batch of Rodinal is already dark brown, but I’ve seen ones that are even quite black. Rodinal keeps forever though, unlike Tetenal Ultrafin as my experience with that last bottle shows.
The results of this new film and developer combination look quite promising so far: Contrasty, not too thin and even with guessing exposure times and unforgiving developer the pictures seem quite evenly exposed. There was only one underexposed shot on the roll as far as I can tell without a scanner. Now that I’ve proven that the developer works I can try to develop that roll where I opened the back of my Zorki before reversing the film. Maybe some of the shots are actually salvageable. Ah, analog photography provides so many opportunities to ruin your pictures, it’s quite amazing. In any case, it’s good practice.