All pictures taken with: Olympus Pen E-PL3 and Panasonic Lumix 20mm f/1.7 ASPH.
Yesterday instead of going outside I just relaxed and developed a roll of Tmax film from last year. Almost every roll apart from the second one I developed myself had some kind of flaw. The first roll ripped in the camera and was scratched. The third I fixed with old wrongly mixed fixer and cut it before checking it – it still has yellow spots and drying marks -, the fourth roll didn’t sit at the bottom of the tank and the top of the frames didn’t get enough developer. This time I almost made the fixer mistake again, because I mixed up the fixer bottles. Luckily I realised it almost immediately and fixed it again with the right fixer solution. However, despite having dodged that mistake, there was still something wrong with the roll. When I opened the spool to hang the film, two thirds of the roll were empty! This time it wasn’t a developing mistake though, it was that infamous roll where I tried to fix the issue of having sprocket holes in my pictures with a bit of foamy plastic. It jammed the film advance dial and even after I removed the foam in the dark that specific film kept getting stuck. In the end I gave up and just rewound the film. Well, one day I will get everything right and not pull a face when I look at what comes out of the developing tank! Digital pictures are often so flawless and clinical. For now I keep having the opposite problem with my analog pictures. I guess it’s a matter of practice.
The pictures I show to you today were taken on Thursday when I had to go to the hospital for a checkup. It’s one of those routes that involves lots of walking and not many opportunities for taking pictures. And since hospitals freak me out a bit anyway, I wasn’t exactly in the right mood. I still came back with some decent enough pictures though.